Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It. During your visit to our Website, we may collect several kinds of information from you, including some information that personally identifies you. Details about the types of information we may collect include:
- Personal Data. Your name, your professional title, the organization you work for, your postal address, your telephone number, and your e-mail address.
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- Performance and log data, such as: information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
- Social network information. If you connect or interact with JDC from a social network, we may collect personal information from the social network in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network, such as your name, profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age or age range, language, country, friends list, follower list, and any other information you have agreed it can share or that the social network provides us with.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Speed up your searches.
- Diagnose any problems with our server and administer the Website.
- We also may use this information in aggregate to better understand our Website’s readership.
- Respond to your inquiries. Without your personal information, we would be unable to respond to any questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues.
- Monitor, investigate, prevent, and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities in connection with services JDC provides.
- Combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks and to improve and enforce JDC security measures.
- Research and development to help us improve our Services and build new Services and customized features or Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Use This Information. In general, we use the information described above to respond to your specific inquiries and requests and in aggregate to better understand our Website’s readership. Should you request it, we may also use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter or announcements about new JDC publications and offerings. We only use your data for the purposes to which you consent. In addition, we may use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us:
Information Sharing & Disclosure. JDC does not rent, share, sell or exchange the personal information you provide with any outside third parties for their marketing purposes. The only entities outside JDC that may have access to your personal information are: 1) third parties that help JDC operate our Website or manage our e- mails; 2) law enforcement or other government entities if reasonably required; and 3) a third party in the case of the reorganization, sale, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, asset or stocks, including in the event of corporate restructuring.
Opt-In & Opt-Out Policies. Registering on our Website to access content, subscribing to our e-newsletter, or requesting e-mail notifications of future JDC publications and announcements are free, opt-in services. JDC will only contact you at your request and with your consent. You may at any time opt-out of receiving e-mails from JDC by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail you receive.
Links to Third-Party Sites. JDC may provide links to third-party websites as a service to our readers. The use of these third-party services may result in the collection and sharing of information about you by these third-party services. JDC is not responsible for the content or information collection practices of such sites. This Privacy Notice does not address the data processing practices of any third party, unless as specified otherwise. Please note, the inclusion of a link on our Service to a third party’s service does not imply endorsement of the third party’s data handling practices and does not imply that the third party’s practices are covered by this Privacy Notice. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these entities.
Our Commitment to Security. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have taken steps to put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. While we do our best to protect you and your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy. As a policy, JDC does not collect or maintain information on our Website from individuals we actually know are under 13. No part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this Website or submit your email address or any other personal information to us through the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at (240) 512-4220 or send us an e-mail at info@jdc- events.com.
Disclosure for Legal Purposes. We reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or other information we collect through the Website if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that the disclosure is necessary in order to (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, the Website or its users, or third-party licensors of any material on the Website; or (d) in an emergency protect the health or safety of the users of the Website or the general public.
Effective December 2022